When I was a freshman in high school, I happened upon the most amazing frog. Sure enough, I gave him a kiss and he turned into a handsome prince! Some time passed and there was this incident with a tadpole … and well, my junior year we were blessed with a beautiful princess. A short time later we were married, added a little prince to our budding kingdom and lived happily every after!
Did you buy that? No? Well … I’m not sure about the “happily ever after” part, but the rest is true. I was a teen mom, he was a teen dad, we married and today we are in our thirties with two middle schoolers, two cats, and a one very busy black lab/border collie dog named Dobby.
We own a home in Corvallis, Oregon, where Hubby works as a Systems Administrator (or super IT nerd), and I do everything else! (Just kidding!) Really though, a few years back I finished my Bachelor’s degree, published a fiction novel, planned my high school reunion and had shoulder surgery all in the same summer. Then I promptly threw my arms in the air (very gently … bad shoulder and all) and proceeded to do nothing but spend time with my kids and remodel our tri-level house that was built in the 70’s and had NEVER been upgraded. (Oh, the stories I have about that!)
I still do the writing thing from time to time, but mostly I do the following:
Mom, wife, homemaker, crafty lady, DIY goddess and RULER OF THE UNIVERSE! (At least mine anyway)
I started this blog because I do SO MANY things that I found myself over-sharing it all on Social networking and friends and family actually started telling me I needed a blog.
So what will you find here? Everything! Or as I like to say: ALL OF THE THINGS!
- Mostly you will find feats of DIY and crafty awesomeness!
- There will be all things homemaker: Amazing food, laundry woes (yes, I sew, but I am not that good at it YET), organizing, decorating and all of the things that go into maintaining a busy household on a budget and making it a home.
- I spend most of my day with “the pets” so I’m sure they will be posted about “ad nauseum”.
- Great stories of adventures with my kids and shared frustrations (Both of my kids and I suffer from AD/HD and my son also has a severe anxiety disorder. All this = never a dull moment!)
- Marriage/relationship stuffs. We have, very seriously, been married FOREVER. No shortage of material there!
- I may also post about my career woes, thoughts about having another kid, and life in general.
Just a couple last things to know about me and these pages:
- I never give up (can’t you tell?). I love to solve problems and I always find a solution, even if I have to beg, borrow or steal (okay, maybe not steal) to make it happen!
- My name is Susie. Seriously, I am Susie Homemaker: DIY Goddess.